Posted by: unsure | 2009-02-25

bone pain / inflamation

Please help, my husband often has pains in his bones, especially joints in feet / knees / back. Everytime he goes to the doctor, they tell him it is inflamation and they give him cataflam. This is just not good enough so I am hoping you can help. What is inflamation? What causes it? How can he prevent inflamation. I really appreciate your help. Best regards.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear unsure
I suggest you get him to a specialist who can do a thorough physical examination and also send him for some tests to determine the exact cause of his joint pains. Inflammation is not similar to infection, but it means that there is an inflammatory process (causing e.g. redness, swellin, pain) for some or other reason and a joint specialist (rheumatologist) will be the best person for this.