Question
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/23

Bone in foot really sore

Hi, two months ago my son and myself had a scuffle, we don't know how but I hurt my foot it was very very painful to walk on, I went to my doc she sent me for x-rays, nothing broken, but I am still battling to walk there seems to be a bone on the right hand side of the foot that just wont come right, would it help if I used one of those bean bags you heat in the micro wave? Please help as I need to walk properly again!
Thanks in advance
Dee

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Dee
A foot injury just seems to take longer to heal as we put all of our weight on it most of the day. You probably damaged the tendons or soft tissue on that side of the foot and it probably bled a little bit into the tissue.
Try taking a cours of anti-inflammatory drugs (Brufen, Voltaren etc) or even the Voltaren gel. Heat may also help and you can also try some of those Trans Act plasters that you put over the injured area. You also need to keep the weight off the foot and see whether this helps. If not, please go back to your doctor.