Posted by: KC | 2009-02-03

Bokomo Up &  Go

Hello Dr
I am not sure if you are familiar with the liquid breakfast from bokomo. It apparantly contains the nutrition of two weetbix and is rich in calcium, fibre and phosphorus.
I wrote in a few weeks ago about my toddler not eating. I have spoken again to my paediatrician who has confirmed he is well and some babies just take time and he will start eating properly in his own time. He is happy with his growth.
I was thinking of trying to give him the bokomo breakfast drink in place of a milk bottle and hope that the new flavour will get him used to other flavours??? And at the same time providing him with a good healthy supplement as he does not eat any cereals or porridge???
I would like to know if the product is safe for a 15month old and do you think it is a good idea?
Thank you, I appreciate your input.

Dear KC
As I said before, you can certainly try a variety of foods to encourage your lad to eat solids instead of just having liquid meals. Bokomo Up & Go is an excellent product and if he accepts it then you will at least have introduced him to one new food which may pave the way for further learning experiences regarding foods. Remember to give him a very small helping at first - only one teaspoon and if he refuses it, then just continue to offer him the same food over and over again. Add some milk to the product to make it easy to swallow.
I sincerely hope that your lad will start eating solids now.