Posted by: ERIKA | 2009-08-05

BOILS on pubic area

Please could you advise if this is normal. I am 45 years old. In July 08 in went for IVF treatment which was unsuccessful. My period cycle went to normal again the very next month. However in October 08 I started getting boils on my pubic area. It is hard and painful to the touch and when I burst white pus and blood flows out. Innitially this was happening just after my period but now it happens 2-3 times a month. Is it serious? What can I do? Did th etratment have anything to do with it?

Please advise.
Many thanks

The treatment would not have anyhting tro do with it. It sounds like infected hair follicles. Avoid shaving the area and use an exfoliating cream.