Posted by: Shoes | 2012-06-15

Hi Doc,

As an 11 year old I fell on tarmac and got an infected wound. The Doc said I got blood poisoning. Since then, whenever I am stressed and run down I get boils on my buttocks. I am now 40 and have been down lately and have this huge boil on my inner buttocks. My gland in my groin is swollen and I can''t walk properly or sit.

I am taking Myprodol for the inflamation and putting an antiseptic ointment on it, covered by a plaster.

Is there anything else I can do for it? Do you think I can still have ''dirty'' blood?

Thank you for your time.

It is not possible to have "dirty blood", since the age of 11. You will have to consult a doctor for an extended course of oral antibiotics to treat the infection and surgical drainage of the abscess.

Posted by: Amanda | 2012-07-05

As a retiree we are eiillbge to remain on my former employer''s health care plan  that''s the good news. The bad news is that we pay a monthly premium of $1,200 per month. That''s more than our house payment was and consumes a third of our retirement income. Of course that is for 85% coverage, we also pick up the rest of that as well. I''m hoping my heart valve holds out long enough until I am Medicare age. If I need to have it replaced prior to that the deductibles and unpaid costs will pretty much sop up our remaining assets. For all the gnashing of teeth we heard about the horrors of the impending Obama health care initiative, I can''t say that I see anything in it for me one way or the other.

Reply to Amanda