Posted by: Worried Mom | 2012-03-12

Good Morning Doc, my daughter is a Gymnast and has been doing gymnastics for the past 5 years. Recently she has developed boils just where the lining of her leotard reaches below her backside? I was told by my GP this does occur as a result of the perspiration and rubbing of the leotard? Is this so? What can I do to prevent this from happening again? My poor child is suffering and has survived 4 boils already and is threatening to stop Gymnastics if she develops another one? Some advice please.

Yes, it is possible. She has to keep the area dry by applying baby powder to the area. Your doctor will also have to prescribe oral antibiotics to clear the infection.