Posted by: Eolathin | 2009-07-21

Hello Vet,

We just adopted a beautiful weimaraner male (4years) from a lady who didn' t want him anymore. She told us that he used to be overweight, but in the last few years he has lost a few kilo' s, however he has fat glands all over his body. I believe that these " swollen glands"  are actually boils! One of these " glands"  is a yellow swollen puss filled boil and one on his ear actually burst. What can cause these boils? I am taking him to the vet soon and would love to know which questions to ask. Also what is the treatment for boils (they are everywhere - some big, some small) They only seem to be under the skin (they are not hard and the move when you touch them)

Thanking you in advance!

Dear Eolitthin

The 'boils' may be sebaceous gland cysts. Some heal when opened, some need to be removed surgically.