Posted by: anon-2 | 2009-08-06

boil like pimples

Good day all.
My LG. is six yrs old and for the last three weeks she`s been strugling with boil like pimples on her knees, it swells and when pressed lots of puss n blood comes out of it, i managed to remove the covering skin thereon and it dried up and healed, a week there after the other knee had the same problem, did the same , but last night the first knee appeared to have two new pimples coming out.I only got my medical aid yesterday, and will be taking het to the doc tomorrow, just wanted to know if its serious.

Dear Anon-2
It is quite common in kids - often caused by bacteria called staph aureus that normally live on our skins, but in some cases they "take over" a bit and causes skin infections. Try Bactroban ointment on the pimples, close with a band aid as soon as they start, also put a little bit of ointment in her nose (which is usually the breeding ground for the bacteria) and bath with antiseptic soap. Let her use her own towel and facecloth and not share with anybody else. If she picks at the sores she may infect other areas of her skin as it is contagious