Posted by: john | 2011-06-13

I''ve developed a boil/abscess on my knee and it is very painful. It developed slowly over a few days and has hardened. The pain is worse if I''ve been walking for long periods or the leg has been rested and i have to get up. don''t know if I should pop it or leave it to pop itself out.

Please do not pop it yourself, as the infection can be spread to surrounding tissue. Ask your doctor to drain the abscess and if necessary, you might need a course of oral antibiotics. You can use Bactroban as a topical antibiotic to treat the infection. Drink Myprodol capsules when necessary to alleviate the pain and inflammation.

Posted by: Eva | 2011-06-17

Is there a natural antibiotic that i can ask for over the counter?
My boils insides came out now the pain remains

Reply to Eva