Question
Posted by: Freshpak | 2010/03/10

Q.

Boil

I have a boil under my armpit, what can i buy over the counter?
Pls help me. Do we have Ichthammol Ointment in SOuth Africa?

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi F

Although we do have some forms of Ichtammol, I'm not sure whether you're referring to the drawing ointment - In that case, no, it's not specifically marketed here for that use.

I'd suggest using a cream such ac Bactroban to start with. Drawing ointments are also popular (eg. Trek8), but tome frown upon its efficacy.

Should the boil however not respond to treatment - or if you can afford it right now - see a doctor for a antibiotic (either topical or oral).

All the best!

3
user comments

C.

Posted by: aya | 2014/07/22

hi usaully after having sex with my partner it itches then later i develop a boil on my vaginal lip why could be there cause because it has happened more than 4 times now n i've been on anti-biotic an getting myself cleaned, can his sperms be creating this boils.

Reply to aya
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/09

Hi i have a boil on my finger what medication can i use to treat it i cant even lift a finger up Regards. Leah

Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/03/11

Hi F

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist

Want to comment?