Question
Posted by: Pink_heart | 2009-06-12

Boerboel puppy food

I want to know if it is safe to feed my boerboel pup of 4 months cooked chicken livers mixed with pap. I have 2 JRT' s and they love it. Thanks :)

Dear Pink-heart

Safe but not the best.

3
Posted by: Pink_heart | 2009-06-17

I am shocked at what a terrible pet owner you think me to be. My dogs eat the correct amount and type of kibbles. They get their Bob Martins once a day, as well as a pro biotic for the pup and oil supplements for female JRT with itchy skin. All prescribed by our vet. The liver and pap are merely a treat for them. I ask this question to get expert advice without taking the time of my already very busy vet. Thanks to Cyber Vet, but Carol and Chill - you make me think of the saying about assumption.

Reply to Pink_heart
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-12

If that' s all your pup is eating - and the others - you' re just creating health issues in the future. Any puppy, but specially a large-breed one, needs optimal nutrition in order to develop properly.

Give your pup a good quality PUPPY food made for LARGE BREED pups - she should be on this until she' s 18 months, whereafter she can go onto the adult variety.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2009-06-12

It may be nice for your dogs but it hasnt got even close to the amount of nutrition a growing boerbul needs..... they need to be put onto a good quality puppy food.

The JRT' s would also be better off with proper dog food.

Reply to Carol