is it common for a boerboel to develope cancer or any other " problem"  in or under their ears...i have one and he' s been scratching his ear lately and i think its become painfull for him I dont know if its maybe just fleas but we do bath him regularly with tick and flea shampoo,please let me know if there are common " disorders"  like this because he is big and difficult to get to the vet and I' d like it if I could just describe the problem to a vet in order to get some meds...

Dear Anon

I suspect ear infection or mange etc..... but no vet is allowed to give you meds without seeing your dog. Take charge and do the right thing, if you catch my drift.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-05-18

The longer you leave an ear infection to fester, the harder it becomes to clear up. It' s also very uncomfortable for the dog.

Don' t let your dog rule you. I know some dogs are difficult to get in the car, etc - but you know you have to do it!

Reply to Chill