Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2008/07/07

bodybuilding comps's

Hi. I want to enter competitions this year. Please comment on my diet below:
05h00 Fat burner and creatine
05h30 gym
07h00 2 dry toast and 3 egg whits
10h00 protein shake
13h00 Sweet potato / chicken / lean beef
16h00 protein shake
18h30 gem squash / chicken / lean beef
I am a female, 36, 65kg, 1.77m tall
Thanks.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Scorpio

I will not be able to give you specific details regarding your diet as you have indicated only some portion sizes and I have no information on your training schedule, nor what you want to weight when you enter the competition and a few other aspects. However, what I can tell you is that you need to take a meal replacement shake immediately after training and eat your breakfast a bit later, 3 egg whites is only about 10 g protein which might be a bit low ito body building, always combine some carbs with you protein shake unless last snack before bedtime, stay away from even lean beef it is still too high in fat– go for ostrich mince, I see no good fats – please incorporate them – they are natural fat burners and control hormones, lastly add more veggies – they host your micronutrients and fiber and don’t forget sufficient water.

Good luck!
Vanessa