Question
Posted by: LISA | 2012/02/24

BODY WEIGHT

Hi there Doc

From last year September till now I have managed to lose 10kg, I still have another 10kg to lose. I started off at 80kg and now way70kg, The problem is the fat around my tummy is just not going away. I do not drink or smoke and following a healthy diet and exercise. I feel so good about myself aftr losing 10kg but still would like to get rid of the tummy fat. Please advise what I can do. I am 33 yrs old and my height is 1.58 . The fat around my tummy feels very loose. Please assist

Dear Lisa
Congratulations for losing those 10 kg - you are a **star**. You can feel good for being so sensible using a healthy diet and exercise to achieve this milestone. Your present BMI = 28, which is in the overweight category so if you can shed another 10 kg to reduce your weight down to 60 kg, you would have a nice normal BMI of 24. Abdominal fat is difficult to shift because this is one of the human body's storage sites for lean times! I would recommend that you continue with your weightloss regimen because it is working well for you, but that you add some targeted exercises such as sit-ups to your exercise programme. Fitness Doc on this Website may have other exercises that you can do to mobilise the fat on your tummy. These targeted exercises will also tighten the muscles of the abdomen and make the tummy less wobbly.
Keep up the good work

1

Dear Lisa
Keep up the good work