Body Temperature

pls advise what type of workouts i can do without getting my body temperature too high, i make sure to dress cool and have windows open in my gym, but i have a treadmill, bike, gym ball and videos on yoga, pilates, the ball, some aerobics. I really enjoy cardio and need to loose 10kg but i am not allowed to get too hot due to MS, what can i do to loose the weight as i am above the 25 bmi and have a fat post caesarian stomach, pls help as i feel like throwin in the towel because i feel that not sweating and running will not result in weight loss, i dont believe yoga alone for instance can make me loose weight? Yes my diet is well balanced too.HELP pls thanks

Well, very difficult one. Apart from keeping the intensity very low, there's not a TYPE of training, but rather an intensity. In otherwords, it's not like running will heat you up less than cycling or rowing, but rather how hard you do each that determines your temperature. certainly, having a fan is important, and if you can get a pretty big one to put right in front of you, that makes a big difference. Other than this, the key things that affect how warm you get are the temperature (which you can control only partly when in the gym or at home) and the exercise intensity. That means walking, not jogging, or taking walk breaks in the middle of jogs, will be important.

You don't have to avoid sweating though, just be mindful that sweating does not necessarily mean you are hot - if you sweat, it's so that you can cool off, but you could easily be sweating a lot when your body temp is not that high.

But it's difficult, because to really burn off energy, you do need to lift the intensity. So in your case, it's just going to take longer. One thing you might add is some weight training. There is pretty good evidence that people who do weight training can burn fat almost as well as those who do cardio, in the long term. So adding some weight work at the gym is an effective long-term strategy.

But you have to give it time, and see how it develops. Just be patient