Question
Posted by: Shafs | 2008-12-09

Body Talk

My Masseurs mentioned a concept called BODY TALK...any idea what this is all about??

Hi Shafs

I'd be lying if I said I knew. I looked it up on the internet, but find many different references to it (common words, apparently), and so I'm still not 100% sure.

I suspect it's got to do with feedback, in how your body senses stimulation (in this case, with a massge, touch and pressure) and then responds to that feedback. There's little in the way of science behind the concept of "body talk" (as I said, I've never heard of it), but certainly, there's reason to think that the body responds to touch and pressure with physiological responses that might be benefical. You might ask the masseurs to elaborate a little, but take the "proof" with a pinch of salt - it's rarely as spectacular as they will make it to be.

1
Posted by: hasmita | 2008-12-10

hi there

i normally post on the weight loss forum, but came across this post here and thought i should respond.
I have been to numerous body talk sessions, it really is beneficial and quite amazing. there is a GP that does it at a Woodlands spa in Muldersdrift, Gauteng.
FitnessDoc, you are right when saying that it does have to do with feedback and balancing energies in your body.
it can help with weight loss issues, psychological issues and health issues.

in a nutshell, it drills down to the root cause of whatever issues you have- and the therapist will balance your energies- after a couple of sessions u feel like a million bucks.

its hard to believe until u go for a session- ive sent so many friends and colleagues and they all have had fantastic results

Reply to hasmita