Question
Posted by: Pink | 2008/06/17

Body size

I have been chatting to a girl on-line, and we got on very well on-line. we decided to meet up during the weekend, and I was shocked to discover that she is really, really huge. Now my problem is, I can't seem to look beyond the body to see the person I connected with over the phone, and fact that I'm really, really skinny doesn't help either. Any suggestions?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Pink, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Maybe a possible friendship could develop from this?

5
Posted by: H_T | 2008/06/23

I myself - aren’t into big girls I like them sporty to average build – BUT its funny how if someone mesmerizes you, it does not really seem to matter what size or looks they’ve got – you cant help but to find something that you fall in love with.

Reply to H_T
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/06/19

Hi Pink. Dating sites are fine, but there are dangers and surpises (some nasty) and one should of course be prepared for them. It is not always about the body either, many other aspects than the physical can also be a surprise. Both parties should be aware of this, so if you just tell her you are incompatible, I think it should do the trick. You cannot start a relationship with someone who puts you off for whatever reason, anyway. If she cannot be friends with you because of this, she is not worth worrying about.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: TTM | 2008/06/19

Ha Ha...Pink...stop meeting people through the dating sites....exact same thing happened to me...although I am not a model but also met this huge woman..just can not get my heart and mind to meet on that...heart says if you love you love...my mind says ...no ways am I getting in bed with that woman!

Reply to TTM
Posted by: Pink | 2008/06/18

Thank you Headbanger.. when I asked her how she looked like she said she is on the big side. But I guess the big I had in mind is not what she meant. I will totally be honest with her. I think friendship is all I can offer at this point.

Reply to Pink
Posted by: Headbanger | 2008/06/18

When you started chating to this girl did you not out of curiosity ask what she looked like. If she lied to you on line then it is not worth persuing. I believe you should be honest with one another from the start as you eventually will get found out. I found my soul mate on line, we were honest with each other from day one and we are now married.
My spouse is in a wheel chair she told me this when we first started chatting.
If she is not what you expected then let her know you are not ready to get into a relationship and friendship is all you can offer.

Reply to Headbanger