Posted by: Sue | 2009-02-05

Body Posture

What exercise can I do to improve my body posture. I am a women in my late 20' s, I slouch badly all the time,- shoulders forward, inwards, my back forwards and I push my neck even more forward- from long hours on the computer.

Hi Sue

Pilates will help, if you can get yourself into a class. It's also a question of making a conscious decision to improve it - you have to attack it from two fronts, the first is to improve the strength and tone of those muscles of the core, shoulders, lower back etc. But the second is to make conscious decisions to improve.

One thing you might try is to sit on a pezzi ball (those big inflatable ones), which you can buy at sportsmans warehouse - they do help with posture.