Posted by: jenny | 2009-07-23

body pains

2weeks ago i had coxsackie virus: sores in mouth and throat, stiff and painfull neck, body pains, fever, night sweats, running tummy as well as rash on face and neck etc. Im better now, however symptoms like headache, dizziness, nausea, body/muscle pain (mostly shoulders and arms feel heavy and tired) still persist to the extend that i hardly can do my job or drive. now i have read on health24 that some of these symptoms could be that of meningitis. i am concerned because my brain and movements do seem number/slower than before, im listless, neck and shoulder constantly aching. the inability to look in sharp light: sudden sunlight, cellphone light, tv or even normal daylight. i havent been to gp since i got better, not using any medication now, just eatin well and sleeping a lot. what should i do?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Jenny

It's important to determin that you haven't picked up a secondary infection. Check with your GP and have the coxsackie viral load re-evaluated.

Assuming there's no secondary infection and the coxsackie is under control, it may well be that it will take time to fully recuperate. I would suggest taking a reputable multi vitamin, probiotic and Omega 3 supplement. In the post viral phase it's important to listen to your body.