Question
Posted by: liza | 2009/03/05

Body moisturizer

Dear Dr.

Please give me some advice re the best anti-ageing body lotions/moisturizers. Are products claiming to have " firming"  properties such as Nivea etc. any better than products like Eucerin?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Liza, thank you for the question.

I am a firm believer in alphahydroxy acids, polyhydroxy acids, and anti-oxidants that have been shown to help firm the skin to a small extent. These ingredients can be found in one format or another with NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc. Ultimately one may need to consider technology such as skin tightening (Syneron Refirm, Thermage, or Titan) to get the best results possible.