Question
Posted by: Karin | 2012/04/11

Body Issues prevent me having intimacy

I am a pretty woman who looks very good in clothes.
Naked - not so good.
I feel so guilty because I think of all the people who are not so good looking and have wonderful loving relationships or those that have major defects from injuries or illness.
I''ve always had very critical boyfriends.
It has got to the point that I wish I had the money to have a boob lift, be skinny and you name it.
I would love a relationshp and men are interested but the instant I think of taking my clothes off I just steer clear of them.
I hate showing my body in any way even decline invites to the beach or whatever. Winter is my favourite season.
In the big scheme of things does it really matter?
I wish I could find a gentle and kind man who doesn''t rate me on my body. A friend of mine is huge and her husband is gorgeous. He adores her. I am clean, well groomed, pretty and a nice person who is stable and works etc. What is wrong with me? And in reality no I do not have a good body at all.

Maybe the over-critical boyfriends have been part of the problem ( and were they, themselves, truly magnificant specimens of manhood ? )
Actually, counselling is the way to go, to repair the injured self-esteem and self-confidence. Without it, the best surgeon and the most technically excellent breasts won't make you any happier ; with it, a boob job would be unnecessary. The problem lies in your body image, not the body itself.

3
Posted by: Pain | 2012/04/12

Well, I am not sure you are shallow  some of us are really sensitive to the way we look. I do not really compare myself to any one bigger than me or even smaller (have not seen them naked). I too have the same problem. I can safely say I do look good with clothes on, when I take them off, I look like my mom who is in her late 60ties. To top it off, I have huge breast and gravity has not been very kind to them. I have cellulite and strechmarks, I can just die if someone was to walk in on me naked! Some things are facts!

Reply to Pain
Posted by: Mandy | 2012/04/11

I think you just very shallow, maybe the problem is you and not other people. Perhaps, ur " huge"  friend is actually a better person then you are. at the end of the day, men dont wanna date a fake person, they want someone genuine.

Reply to Mandy