Question

Body image

I recently lost 6KG and i am now within my normal body range (BMI is 23) my problem is that i still feel fat.

I look at myself and im disgusted by how fat i look and im appalled by how fat i must have looked 6KGS ago.

Its getting to the point where if i eat something i feel bad thinking about the weight it might make me gain or how it will hinder my weight loss.

I was not drastically over weight to start with (2Kgs) but still dont feel better.

What is wrong with me?

As you've noticed, there's a lot of difference between BEING fat, and FEELING fat. Some very large people, fat by any useful definition, don't feel fat at all. And some people like yourself who are dfinitely within the normal weight range, FEEL fat and bothered by this, even though anyone else can see that they are pleasantly normal.
This is close to what happens in an eating disorder like Anorexia - even when skeletal, and anorexic feel disgustingly fat ( and that element of self-disgust is relevant, too ). Clever psychological reseach by various people has proved that in eating disorders like anorexia, people have a seriously distorted perception of their own weight / size, and always significantly over-estimate their shape, size, and weight.
Psychologists can very valuably help one to correct this sort of disturbenace, and to learn to enjoy one's normal body. Why not have a consultation and assessment ?

2
Posted by: kasandra | 2010/08/27

Hi there, I know how you feel. My BMI is also normal 21 but I feel sometimes very fat for my frame. I use to be 46kg and now I averaging 50 which sounds like little but I am only 1.52. It really effects me to a point were I am exhausted. I am very diciplined but admire the bigger frame women who can and look and feel confident. I hate shopping for clothes cause everything always look not right cause I am so criticle. Its horrible. Its like a fat image person with low self esteem lives within me.

Reply to kasandra