Posted by: Leigh | 2009-04-16

Body for Life

Hi There

I would like to know if anybody has tried body for Life?
I cant belive the pictures in the book, to make such a drastic change in 12 weeks seems unreal?

Can anyone tell me if the pictures are real people that have made such an improvement in only 12 weeks? Any advice would be appreciated about starting up this program before I waste my time and money on something that is not practical?

Dear Leigh
I hope that other Readers are giving you feedback on the Body for Life programme. You can judge for the regimen for yourself a) if the diet contains all the food groups b) if it is not too low in energy, c) If you have to take all kinds of diet pills and potions with the diet. If you need to cut out whole food groups (esp carbohydrates) or if the diet is very low in energy then it is not sensible and well balanced. Also keep in mind that very rapid weight loss will lead to rapid regain once you stop using an unbalanced diet. Rather be sensible and use a low-fat, energy-reduced diet and daily exercise to lose weight without having to spend a lot of money.

Posted by: Linda | 2009-04-17

I did Body for Life and definitely saw results but the exercise regime is hard to maintain. Exercise 6 out of 7 days a week (albeit short stints) and if you are a busy wife, mom and career woman, you might find it a real challenge. The diet is pretty much low carb and on Sundays you can eat whatever you like, which, in itself, is a pretty messed up mindset since it suggests that you reward yourself with food at the end of a long week of hard work and starvation. But, it is still an excellent programme if you can keep it up.

Reply to Linda
Posted by: RS | 2009-04-17

I' ve followed the training programme with a healthy eating plan from the 5th of Jan - 29 March. Yes, my results are not as drastic as the book claims, but there is definately a huge improvement - lots of cm.
I think it depends on how much weight you are planning to loose - not more than 12kg' s is possible, as you are replacing fat with muscle.
You are more than welcome to ask any further questions, I will gladly try to assist.

Reply to RS