Posted by: Leigh | 2009-04-16

Hi There

I would like to know if anybody has tried body for Life?
I cant belive the pictures in the book, to make such a drastic change in 12 weeks seems unreal?

Can anyone tell me if the pictures are real people that have made such an improvement in only 12 weeks? Any advice would be appreciated about starting up this program before I waste my time and money on something that is not practical?

Thank you,

Hi Leigh

Yes you have to be careful about believing the hype of the book and the pics, because they're obviously trying to get a share of your wallet and will say what needs to be said to do that.

So yes, it is often overblown and hyped up, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just is not likely to work as well as what they proclaim it does. You can't believe what you see, but there is certainly merit in the programme. Remember that 12 weeks is not a long term for exercise - it's very difficult to achieve results in that period. What you can do is see the start of something, but you have to recognize that exercise and wellness is not a 12 week commitment, so expecting that kind of result is unrealistic to begin with.

So to answer your ultimate question - you would not be wasting your money, because what you'd be buying into is an exercise programme that is, for the most part, sound and should produce results. Is it the best one around? Probably not. Does it guarantee results? No, but then nothing does. Are the pictures real? Maybe one in a hundred, the rest is clever use of photos.

But that doesn't make it bad, it just makes it exaggerated. The foundation of BFL is good diet and regular exercise. You don't need BFL for that, you can do it in any one of dozens of ways, including joining a gym and having programmes prescribed for you. Or by looking through this site and picking out the fitness programmes on our Fitness site. Ultimately, it all boils down to the same thing.

It works, my friend Patricia lost so many kg, she went from a 40 to a size 8. I was was still working with her when she started the programme and finished it, she' s gorgeous. So yes, it WORKS.

She did the programme in 2007, and God she looks good.