Question
Posted by: Kate | 2012/02/24

Body fat

My weight is 63.4, height 1.54 and body fat is 30.6%, I know that I am overweight. I am trying to eat healthy, go to the gym 3-4 times a week and drink at least 2 lt of water. I managed to lose 1.5 kg, but my body fat is still the same, what to I need to do to loss body fat? I am doing cardio 2 times and weight lifting 2 times a week.

Dear Kate
Your present BMI = 26,8 which is above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). To achieve an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 52 kg, which entails a loss of 11.4 kg. This is a lot of weight to lose and your body fat% will probably not change dramatically until you are closer to your ideal weight. Concentrate on doing as much cardio exercise as possible because that assists with weightloss and also reduced body fat%. Keep in mind that adult women who are NOT elite athletes have a normal body fat% of 24%, so your body fat% is not as bad as you may think.
Keep up the good work

1

Dear Kate
Keep up the good work