Question
Posted by: AV | 2011/04/07

Body fat%

Hi. I had my body fat% taken and it turns out to be 13%. They warned me that it is too low. I do not understand this, even though I gym about six times a week (cardio and weights) and I watch what I eat I still dont look the way I want to. I weigh 68kg and am 1.72m tall. How should I exercize seing that I dont want to up by mucle mass or lower my body fat. What should I do??

Are you male or female? For a male, that value is OK, it's low but men do have lower body fat values. For a woman, it is on the low side. I'd also question how it is measured? Skin fold? That's a method that can produce some dodgy values, so you may want to repeat the test and see what it produces before taking it too seriously.

But if it's 13%, and you're female, then it is on the low side.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/04/25

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc