Question
Posted by: sleepy | 2011/02/05

body clock turned upside down

My problem is that my body wants to stay up at night and sleep during the day. At night I''ll be up til at least midnight and in the morning I''ll only feel that I''ve properly woken up around midday. I''ve tried forrcing myself to go to bed earlier but the next morning I still only feel properly awake at midday.

I ensure that I get 8 hours of sleep and yet I always feel tired as well, no matter what time I go to bed (I''ve heard it''s better not to go to bed too late as your body rests the best during certain hours in the night, not too sure how true that is). Also I struggle to actually fall asleep, on average it takes at least an hour for me to fall asleep. Should I be going to see a sleep specialist?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Yes you should. This is called "delayed sleep phase syndrome", and can be tricky to bring under control.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/02/07

Reply to Sleep expert