Question
Posted by: michelle | 2012/05/16

body changes due to no sex

after 10years of not having sex. i have met a wonderful man. i would like to know that although i have children, but have not had sex in 10 years, will my vagina have shrinked during this time. what is the possibility of my ''viganity'' growing back. i am in my early 40''s. and how would my body have changes due to the lack of sex.

Michelle, it's not possible for a woman to grow her hymen back, no, however lack of penetration once the menopause has occurred can result in shrinkage of the vagina. If you engage in sexual activity, do take things slowly and perhaps even make sure you have a lubricant available. You might experience tightness, but if you are still menstruating normally (i.e. have not begun menopausal changes) your vagina should not have shrunk at this stage. Talk your partner through your experience, and if you experience discomfort stop, try to relax your pelvic floor muscles and gently try again. If you do expeirence difficulties and this does not diminish, consult your gynae/well-woman doctor. Don't forget to practice safe-sex...it's been a while and remember that those wonderful exciting feelings might overwhelm you and result in you doing something you might regret later...

Best of luck..

Claire - SASHA

3
Posted by: michelle | 2012/05/17

yes jason..10years. a long time. widow at 34 and dedicated my time to kids.

Reply to michelle
Posted by: Jason | 2012/05/17

WOW 10 years without sex.

Reply to Jason
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/05/17

Best of luck..

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist