Question
Posted by: Tired | 2008/09/29

Body aching and tired all the time

Dear Doc please can you advise me,
I had flu about 3 months ago, went to the doctor and was given some antibiotics. I stopped my exercising during that time.
But now each time I try to start exercising again ( I do about 30min on a treadmilll or exercise bike) instead of getting fitter I keep feeling terrible pain in my body, lethargic and headachy but no fever or temperature at all.
I have to rinse out my sinuses with a sinus douche and at times there is a yellow/green discharge.
I seem to be thirsty all the time and dry mouthed yet I have developed a mucousy cough.
At work I sit almost directly in front of an air conditioner but normally wear a scarf or something to keep the cold air off me but I am breathing in that cold air all the time.
The frustrating thing is that by the time weekends come my body is aching so much all I want to do is stay in bed and sleep but I cant as there are too many things I have to see to.
Please can you advise as I dont want to be running to the doctor if it is not necessary as my medical aid has run out months ago.

Dear Tired
Being thirsty and tired can be signs of diabetes, see if your pharmacy can do a blood sugar test for you ( best would be to go first thing in the morning on an empty stomach) See if you can move away from the airconditioner or negotiate to put it off. Try taking an immunebooster like Moducare. If the symptoms persist you may need to see your Gp for further tests ( Full blood count at least)