Question
Posted by: Alma | 2010/09/07

BMI

I am a female in my late twenties, am 1.63m tall and weigh between 61kg and 62kg. Is that normal or should I loose weight?

Dear Alma
If I use the higher weight of 62 kg to calculate your BMI then it is 23,3 which is nicely within the normal range. To achieve an ideal BMI of 22, you need to weigh 59 kg, thus a loss of between 2 and 3 kg, but this is not really necessary.

2

Dear Alma

Posted by: Anon2 | 2010/09/07

Alma
Your Body Mass Index is 24, that is NORMAL

UNDERWEIGHT less than 19
NORMAL 19 to 25
OVERWEIGHT 26 to 29
OBESE 30 or greater

Next Steps
Your healthy weight is well worth the effort. It reduces your risk of serious health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
To maintain a healthy weight:

1. Embrace healthy eating as a lifestyle by choosing a variety of nutrient-rich foods including fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

2. Exercise. Aim for 30 to 60 minutes of moderately intense activity daily.

3. Set action goals focused on specific healthy activities such as improving muscle tone through strength training, or starting a daily food and activity diary.

Reply to Anon2