Question
Posted by: Claire | 2009/02/24

BMI

My current weight is 61.7KG and my height is 1.62m, what is my BMI and how is the BMI calculated?

Dear Claire
To calculate your BMI you multiply your height in metres by your height in metres (1,62 x 1,62 = 2,62). Then divide your weight in kg (61.7) by the 2,62, thus 61.7/2,62 = 23,5. This BMI falls nicely within the normal range (18-25), so your weight is close to ideal.

4
Posted by: Sarki | 2009/05/13

I have just sent an e-mail Could you advice me if I start using Zenical Orlistat what diet to follow. I live in South AFrica

Reply to Sarki
Posted by: Sarki | 2009/05/13

I am 59 years of age and weigh 137.7 Kg my height is 1.75 : if I work out my BMI I get 45 I need to have knee replacement on both legs and the specialist will not even consider they feel my BMI should be 20 and less
What diet can I follow to start loosing weight as I can hardly walk the right knee has decided enough is enough and at time during the last two week go stiff that I can hardly walk or bend the knee

Reply to Sarki
Posted by: Sarki | 2009/05/13

Reply to Sarki
Posted by: Angie | 2009/02/25

hi.
your height in meters squared divided by your mass in kg = BMI, however dont rely on this calculation too much as scientific evidence suggests this calculation is not always accurate. A very muscular short person could be mistaken for being obese by this calcualtion, as it does not take into accont your body fat percentage.

Reply to Angie