Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-01-21

My height 1.52 and just under 50kg what is my bmi? Is baked beans / lentils soup ok with rye crackes for lunch.

Dear Kasandra
Your BMI = 21,6 which is ideal. Baked beans or lentil or pea soup are all excellent foods. These legumes as they are also called, are low in fat, contain no cholesterol, but they are rich in dietary fibre and protective nutrients like vitamins and minerals. Rye crackers are also a good choice.

Posted by: Talita | 2009-01-21

You have a BMI of 21. Which is healthy. It is fine because it is balanced, containing adequate protein, carbohydrate and fat. For you small energy needs it should be an adequate meal.

Remember these guidelines in your diet:
- Adequacy
- Balance
- Calorie control
- Density
- Energy Expendure
- Moderation and
- Variety

Reply to Talita