Question
Posted by: concerned | 2012/02/15

bmd

I am 27 years old and went for a DEXA scan this past week. My T score (and Z score) showed that my lumbar spine is a -3.5! and my right hip at -2.7!

i am wanting to start running long distance again- i had an injury last year and stopped running. i have started slowly but feel pains - now i don''''t know if this is all psychological, but could it be related to my bone density?

As i understand, osteoporosis cannot be diagnosed below 30 years of age...

question: may i still run 10km and more? am i making matters worse?

I suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon. I think you are getting ahead of yourself but rather consult an orthopedic surgeon to set your mind at ease.