Question
Posted by: concerned | 2012/02/14

BMD

I am 27 years old and went for a DEXA scan this past week. My T score (and Z score) showed that my lumbar spine is a -3.5! and my right hip at -2.7!

i am wanting to start running long distance again- i had an injury last year and stopped running. i have started slowly but feel pains - now i don''t know if this is all psychological, but could it be related to my bone density?

As i understand, osteoporosis cannot be diagnosed below 30 years of age...

question: may i still run 10km and more? am i making matters worse?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Concerned
Please contact me at the Osteoporosis Foundation- I need a little more info from you. Our number is 021 9317894.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/02/20

Dear Concerned

Reply to Healthy Bones