Question
Posted by: Tanilani | 2008/07/25

Blushing

Hi CS

Just a quick question - would something like CBT help for someone who blushes? I am 47 and still blush if I am embarrased! It really is awkward, I always thought it would stop as I grow older, but I am not sure how much older I have to get to stop blushing!

I think it would ! Blushing is usually a part of a more general social anxiety, which CBT is excellent for, and by reducing your vulnerability to embarrassment, it should reduce episodes of blushing.
And its interesting that blushing usually seems so awful to the blusher, while other people often don't notice it or if they don, they don't think much wrong about it

1
Posted by: Sasha | 2008/07/25

OMWD!That happens to me too!Its like really bad because i dont even have to be embarrased to blush!
Something embar. can haapen to someone else and iv seen it and i will blush as if it happened to me!
Its horrible!I wish it would just go away!

Reply to Sasha