Question
Posted by: Pink | 2009-03-12

Blue

Why do I have to take my anti-depressants in the morning? What happens if I miss one?

It dpends on which nidepressants you are taking --- they vary as to how long each dose stays active in the body. Some are more sedative, and better taken at night so the drowsiness they might produce would help you to sleep ; others are more enlivening, and might disturb your sleep if you took them later, so taking them in the morning helps you be more alert during the day. Some stay in the body for longer after each dose, and are usually taken once a day, others last less long in each particula dose, and are taken twice of three times a day.
Generally, though it's not adviseable to miss doses, mising one dose is not usually a problem : just be sure to take the next t dose on time.