Question
Posted by: kermit | 2010-02-28

bloody type discharge

hi there i recently started 2 different schedule 4 anitbiotics and the pharmacist warned me that this could lead to thrush. she gave me some probiotics to try and avoid that. have been on them since friday and today i noticed that i have a bloody type dischage every time i wipe. definately not my period as i am on the pill and only a week into my new packet of pills. what can it be? can it be thrush? i was told by my gynae quite a while ago that i have some polyps on my cervix and that i should have them removed but i have not done it yet as i am too scared.

Antibiotics can interfere with the Pill and cause breakthrough bleeding. You are also at risk for pregnancy and should use extra precautions.