Question

Bloody Stool - Anorexia/Bulimia

I have been suffering from anorexia but in the past couple of weeks, I''ve started to induce vomitting after eating (sometimes 4 x/week &  sometimes 2x in a day). Yesterday I vomitted twice and I went to the loo today &  there was bright red blood when I wiped (I mainly just had gas).

Do I need to see my doctor? I read that this could be due to trauma of the oesophagus?

Anon

Hallo Anon
Yes, inducing vormiting can cause severe damage to the esophagus and mouth as well as your teeth. You also lose a lot of important electrolytes that can cause heart arrythmias and muscle weakness. Please see your doctor as you urgently need to get treatment to help you with the anorexia/bulimia. It is a dangerous disease that can kill you.

2
Posted by: Honey | 2010/03/16

My dear, you should have gone to a doctor the second this disorder started. People read about these problems that happen when they do this to themselves but the health implications don''t seem to be a deterant. If you don''t see someone things may get worse.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/16

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc