Question
Posted by: Ang | 2008/10/08

Bloody Poo

My Two year old son has developed diarrhoea. This is disgusting, it does not look like blood but it looks like red mucous vessels. Almost like when you get your period, obviously less and not in every poo! He has about 3 pooh diarrhoea nappies yesterday, and only one had this in it.
He was at the doctor about 3 weeks ago for this problem, he was put on antibiotics and also we had a stool sample analysed but they came up with nothing.
Would probiotics assist?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Ang
Apologies for late response. Your son is hopefully over the diarrhoea by now.
I would advise however that you always go back to your doctor if you detect blood in his stools. Rather be safe than sorry.