Question
Posted by: Ang | 2008/10/08

Bloody Poo

My son has developed diarrhoea. This is disgusting, it does not look like blood but it looks like red mucous vessels. Almost like when you get your period, obviously less and not in every poo! He has about 3 pooh diarrhoea nappies yesterday, and only one had this in it.
He was at the doctor about 3 weeks ago for this problem, he was put on antibiotics and also we had a stool sample analysed but they came up with nothing.
Could this be worms, or what can be causing this?
Should I take him to a Paed or another type of specialist?

Dear Ang
I would take my child to a Paediatrician immediately because bloody diarrhoea could be an indication of a whole number of serious conditions.
Go today if possible.