Question
Posted by: 7 months Pregnant | 2011/07/19

Bloody nose

Hello, I am 7 months pregnant and have been suffering from flu. The flu has gone away but I have been having this dry cough and a bloody nose. Whenever I blow my nose, blood comes out and I am realy getting worried now. What causes this and how can I treat it? Should I be worried?

I would suggest that you see your doctor to see whether you have a patch of blood vessels in your nose which are bleeding. These can be cauterised if necessary.

3

Posted by: 7 months pregnant | 2011/07/19

I have also had it for quite some time now, hence I want to know more about it so that if it is serious I can get it checked out.

Reply to 7 months pregnant
Posted by: dei | 2011/07/19

hi there,
i am 6 months pregnant and i have the same problem, whenever i blow my nose or i sneeze blood comes out. i thought it has something to do with the pregnancy? i have had it for 2 months now.

Reply to dei