Question
Posted by: Sunflower | 2010/02/23

BLOODTEST COUNT CAME BACK AND I AM CONFUSED ON HOW FAR PREGNANT I AM

Hi Doctor

As you are a qualified doctor I would like to ask you my doctor received my bloodtest back my count is 9476 I asked the secretary what does this mean and she said that I am between 3-4 weeks pregnant. My last period was on 13 January so If I calculate it I should be between 4-5 weeks. I am suffering with cyst could it be possible that I have an Ectopic Pregnancy perhaps.

See answer to your previous post.

2

See answer to your previous post.

Posted by: Jenn | 2010/02/25

I had my first day of my last period on 1 Jan 2010. I''m 7weeks 6days preganant now. When for my first scan today.
When I got my bloodtest back my count was only 17. Five days later it was 210. I was then 3 weeks pregnant. If you search on google for a hCG level chart you''ll see that it shows that you are in your 6th week of pregnancy. Your gynae can do a scan for a heartbeat from 6 weeks on to see if there is a heartbeat. Why don''t you just make an appointment. I was extremely worried when my count was so low and I turned out to be preg. Your''s is very high so hopefully you don''t have to worry about an ectopic preg.

Reply to Jenn