Posted by: Salome Herselman | 2009-07-22

When the Gamma GT level in my blood is 57,00U/L and I do not use Alcohol frequently,we only drink alcohol at the most once a month,what else could cause this.

Hi Salome
Some medications can cause increased gamma GT (Epanutin and Phenobarbitone) Diseases causing increased GGT are pancreatic disease, heart attacks, lung diseases like emphysema, renal failure, diabetes, being overweight, blocked bile ducts and liver disease.

In liver enzymes increases - the level should be increased 2-3 times the normal level before we really start to worry though. If the other liver enzymes are normal there is probably nothing to worry about. Just follow up with another test in 3 months to see whether it is going up,down or staying stable.