Posted by: j | 2008-12-08

I have taken my bloodpressure with a machine on the left side =148/98 and on the right =138/82. this was taken the one after the other. Is this normal to have this big difference between the two sides? On witch reading will one go to diagnose hypertension? on friday it was left=168/98 right =144/75

Dear J
It can differ from the one side to the other if there are any problems with the big arteries running to the arms or the thorax. The doctor would in cases where there is a major difference probably want to do an arteriogram to look for narrowing in important arteries. Please discuss with your GP because you may need a referral to a vascular surgeon for futher testing.

Posted by: BP | 2008-12-08

It should not make that uge diff. Time can make a diff. You must be in " rest"  when taking bloodpresure. Take it on one side and 5min later on the same side. Compare those readings too.
Do you put it on the same?

Reply to BP