Question
Posted by: micky | 2010/10/14

Bloodclot risk?

test show my Hematocrit is 45.2 (reference range is 35 -45).

My family has a history thrombosis. Should I be worried. How do I bring it down?

Hallo Micky
Where there is a family history of thrombosis, the cause is usually not the number of red blood cells per ml blood, but a problem with clotting factors. You can actually have blood tests to check if your clotting factors are normal.(Best doctor to see for this would be a hematologist/physician). I am not worried about your Hematocrit levels as it is for all practical purposes normal.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/14

Hallo Micky