Question
Posted by: matefo leche | 2010/09/09

blood type diets

how dangerous/safe are bloodtype diets?

Dear Matefo
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet.
If you do want to read more about these diets ask at your local bookstore if they have the book by D'Adamo.

3
Posted by: Emmeline | 2010/10/05

I am a Blood Type B and always struggled with low energy, anemia, irritable bowel syndrome and weight gain on a normal diet with daily wheat and occasionally chicken twice a week. I took a walk everyday and even limit some portions, but things didn''t approve. Since I started the Blood Type diet, I have lost weight, have more energy and bloating stopped. My bowels are regular. Even my acne stopped in a week''s time. I stopped chicken and replaced it with fish. I''ve cut out wheat and corn and took more rice. I''ve replaced bread with bread baked with soya and rice meal. My husband is O+ with cardiovascular problems and his health improved just by cut out gluten grains and replaced it with gluten free grains. I think the diet, if followed correctly has a lot of merits.

Reply to Emmeline
Posted by: Nthabiseng | 2010/09/13

I am confused now, I''m also on a blood type diet, my blood group is B, I have been on this diet for a week and to be honest I once lost a lot of weight eating boiled foods,chicken included. now with this diet Im not supposed to touch chicken, i must only eat lamb/fish,no certain veggies.it is so cinfusing.at the moment I havent lost that much.but i really dont know if I should continue with it now that I have read the doctor''s comment

Reply to Nthabiseng

Dear Matefo