Posted by: Desperate | 2009-01-16

Blood type diets ???

Saw on Internet info about blood type diets. Do they work??? I am A positive, and this program shows me to be healthy I must not eat any meat or dairy products. But, can you tell me what " secretor"  means, because if I am a secretor blood type A  I can eat no meat, but if I am non-secretor, then I may eat Mutton.
Is there somebody that can tell if these diet work??? and what does that " secretor"  thing means, how you can test it or get hold of it or what????

Dear Desperate
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group A needs to cut out meat and dairy products, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you cut out all meat and dairy products you may lose weight because you will reduce your energy intake, but you will probably develop deficiencies in protein, iron, zinc, vit B12, omega-3 fatty acids, etc, so rather leave this idea alone. I cannot explain what the term "secretor" means in the context of the blood type diets, but it sounds like hocus-pocus to me. Rather use a well balanced low-fat diet that contains all the food groups and plenty of regular, aerobic exercise to lose weight.

Posted by: Talita | 2009-01-19

I agree with diet doc. I mean if you look at how foods are broken down you will see that all the food you eat is either broken down to a glucose molecule, amino acid or tiny lipid droplet. Then it binds to a receptor which allows it to enter the bloodstream. Each molecule contains a certain amount of energy. Yes, how this effects a person may vary from person to person, but not blood type to blood type. And it doesn' t matter what type of food you eat, the protein, carb and fat will deliver the same amount of energy.

Reply to Talita