Question
Posted by: Betty | 2012/07/16

Blood Type Diet

Hi Doc,

I am 38 yearls old and weigh about 67kg and i need to lose 10kg. I have heard good news about the BTD diet but wanted to know what your take is on this diet?

Dear Betty
If you find that the blood diet works for you, then that is fine. However, I must admit that I am not in favour of these blood diets and do not think that the blood diets are based on sound scientific principles. Why all individuals in the world with a certain blood type should be "allergic" to certain foods and thus not be able to eat these foods without gaining weight, is not logical. Archaeological discoveries of the stomach contents of humans who lived hundreds of thousand years ago indicate that we as a species are omnivores and have been eating a variety of foods including seeds of grains (like wheat) since the dawn of time. It is easier and more balanced to use a low-fat diet and exercise to lose weight. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for examples of various slimming diets. Combine your diet with regular daily exercise (like brisk walking for example), to obtain the best results.

1

Dear Betty