Question
Posted by: Cherise | 2012/02/21

Blood type diet

Hi Doc,

If i''m blood type ab negative, what blood type diet can one follow for weight loss? I''ve seen books like ''Eat right for your Blood Type'', etc, but they don''t interest me and it''s hard to follow it step by step as it ends up to be quite expensive.

Is there any other simpler diets, that also have a good effect, but that suite ones pocket better?

Dear Cherise
I am personally not convinced that the "blood diets" are based on sound scientific principles. Why everyone with blood type O needs to go around eating roots and shoots like Neanderthal man, boggles the mind. Of course you will lose some weight if you cut out some food or even just pay a bit of attention to what you eat, but that I with my O type blood am not allowed to eat any yoghurt, is nonsense. If you are determined to use this blood diet, then you may have to buy books such as "Eat right for your Blood Type".
I would rather recommend that you use a balanced, low-fat, low-GI diet and plenty of exercise to lose that weight.

1

Dear Cherise