Posted by: Jaco | 2009-10-05

Blood type diet

Good day,

My blood type is O +

I' ve been surfing the net recently for all the suitable food that I can eat and that is recommended for my blood type. But there are so many websites that it is difficult to choose and understand exactly what I can eat. Accept that they state high protein. I like my meat but wouldn' t a high protein diet put you at risk of cholesterol or hart diseases? Also I don' t see anything I can actually eat for breakfast as they state that I should avoid bran, oats &  eggs. So what can I eat for breakfast? Also what pasta/spaghetti and rice can i eat. It also states that I should stay away from wheat.

I' m a male and 24 years old. I train 5 to 7 times a week. So I also want to eat for muscle training.

Thanks for your input.

Dear Jaco
I agree that there is a lot of confusing information on the Web, but if you stick to basic principles namely that to reduce your weight you need to a) decrease your energy intake with a balanced low-energy diet and b) increase your energy output then you will lose weight. I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. For example, it is not credible that every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet.
Rather use an energy-reduced, low-fat balanced diet and regular exercise to lose weight. To build muscles you need to work out with weights in addition to doing cardio exercise which helps with weightloss. And keep in mind that it takes time to build muscles, so persevere.

Posted by: RHM Foods | 2009-10-12

God never gave food according to blood type. so i dont believe in that. eat your fruit, veggies and nuts, grains and legume.

Reply to RHM Foods